Expelling Spiritual Oppression.
How to deliver yourself from spiritual oppression and be set free from a bad spirit.
Like illegal squatters, a bad spirit can gain power in one’s life to influence and darken all we say and do. You need to take authority, it is time to clean house!
There is much confusion when it comes to spiritual deliverance. Our western scientific-relativity-materialism-secular worldview frowns on demonic activity. Hollywood distorts the reality of demons, and psychology tries to medicate the problem.
Jesus’ healing ministry was particularly characterized by people being set free from spiritual oppression. Of the thirteen healing stories mentioned in Mark, 4 was exorcisms (Mark 1:21; 5:1-20; 7:24-30; 9:14-29). But if it is by the Spirit of God that I cast out demons, then the kingdom of God has come to you. (Matt. 1:28)
“Can a Christian be demon possessed?”
This question is simply answered by Dereck Prince’s study of the Greek word. The problem with this form is that, to English ears, the word possess immediately suggests ownership. To be “possessed”—by a devil or demon—implies that a person is “owned” by a devil or demon. But there is no basis for this in the Greek word daimonizo, conveys no suggestion of ownership, but means merely “to subject to demonic influence.”
Recognize the Influence of Satan
“… satan fills your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and withhold the price of the land.” (Acts 5:1-3).
“… so that satan will not tempt you by your lack of self-control.” (1 Cor. 7: 5).
“… the tempter might not have tempted you, and our labor would be in vain.” (1 Thess. 3: 5).
“… so that he may not fall into contempt and into the snare of the devil.” (1 Tim. 3: 6-7).
“Because some have already deviated from Satan.” (1 Tim. 5:15).
“… walk around like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.” (1 Pet. 5: 8-9).
“… satan must not prevail over us, we know his plans.” (2 Cor. 2:11).
“… unbelievers whose minds are blinded by the god of this world.” (2 Cor. 4: 4).
“… every barrier that is raised against the knowledge of God.” (2 Cor. 10: 3-5).
“… just as the serpent deceived Eve through his craftiness, so your minds may become corrupt, alienated from the sincerity of Christ.” (2 Cor. 11: 3).
The ultimate goal of satan is simply to get you not to obey God, and fulfil your divine purpose.
Biblical Directory of Evil Spirits
- The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness (Isa 61:3)
- A spirit of sickness (infirmity) (Luke 13:11)
- A spirit of distress (1 Sam. 16:14)
- Unclean and filthy spirit (Rev. 18: 2)
- A divining spirit (divination) (Acts 16:16)
- A spirit of slavery bondage (Rom. 8:15)
- A spirit of error (1 John 4: 6)
- A spirit of the world (1 Cor. 2:12)
- Seductive spirits (1 Tim. 4: 1)
- A spirit of jealousy (Num. 5:14)
- A lying spirit (2 Chron. 18:12)
- A spirit of sorcery (Deut. 18:11)
- The spirit of the Anti-Christ (1 John 4: 3)
- A spirit of fear or timidity (2 Tim. 1: 7)
- A spirit of intoxication (Isa. 19:14)
- The tormentors (Matt. 18:34)
- Evil spirits (Matt. 10: 1; Acts 5:16; 8: 7; Matt. 12: 43-45; Mark 1: 23-26; 3:11; Rev. 18: 2)
- Demons (Deut. 32:17; 1 Cor. 10: 20-21; Ps. 106: 37; Matt. 8:16; Mark 7:26; Rom. 8:38; Jas. 2:19; Rev. 9 : 20)
- Rulers, powers, world rulers of darkness (Eph. 6:12; Col. 2:15; 1 Pet. 3:22)
Doing LIFE Makes You Dirty
There are all kinds of spiritual influences that defile our spirit. Dr Phil McGraw calls this a “bad spirit”. One can also say it is a bad attitude.
Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God. (2 Cor 7:1)
The fruits of the Spirit, and fruits of righteousness in Christ has cleansed us from a bad attitude. When a bad attitude begins to prevail in your life, and begins to hurt the people around you, you need to be set free!
Points of Entry
Power of association
Luke 14:26. Jesus said: “If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple.”
Rather, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice they sacrifice to demons and not to God, and I do not want you to have fellowship with demons. You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons; you cannot partake of the Lord’s table and of the table of demons. (1 cor 10:20-21)
Personal sin and disobedience
“Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin.” John 8:34
And his master was angry, and delivered him to the torturers until he should pay all that was due to him. “So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses.”(Mat 18:34-35) 
Steps to take:
- Identify truth in your most inward part – Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts, And in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom. (Ps 51:6)
- Break the illegal contract – If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9)
- Expel with authority – Away with you, (get behind me) Satan! For it is written… (Mat 4:10; Mat 16:23) you are a stumbling block to me…
- Bind yourself to the spiritual antidote – whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.” (Mat 16:19) overcome evil with doing good. (Rom 12:21)
 “They Shall Expel Demons: What You Need to Know about Demons–Your Invisible Enemies” by Derek Prince.
 “Self-Deliverance: How to Gain Victory over the Powers of Darkness” by Rabbi K. A. Schneider.