The problem with being deceived is that you are usually the last one to find out that you are deceived. Sometimes this awakening comes too late.
Jesus Christ is truth, there is nothing more beautiful yet sobering than an encounter with Him. Deception comes in many forms: self-deception/delusion; people deceive with hidden motives and agendas; one can be deceived regarding doctrinal beliefs and one can be deceived in business.
Ultimate Deception is: Not knowing the Truth that is Jesus Christ, not seeing nor acknowledging Him as Friend, Savior, Redeemer, God, Eternal Lord.
The difference between ignorance and deception: ignorance is not yet knowing the truth; deception is believing a false truth. For Example, Scott Peck’s: “Truth is relative”
Rebellion is not accepting the truth.
Procrastination is not confronting and dealing with the truth.
UNCOVER ANY FORM OF DECEPTION THAT EXISTS IN YOUR LIFE THROUGH THESE SCRIPTURES:
- Knowing the truth yet not applying or living it. Scripture says this is like a man who sees himself in the mirror, and when he turns away, he forgets what he has seen. (James 1:22)
- Judging your brother and not seeing and recognizing your own mistakes. (Mat 7:1)
- Pride: Overestimating yourself and under-estimating others. “…wise in your own opinion…”, thinking you stand when you already have fallen (Gal 6:3). The pride of your heart has deceived you (Oba 3).
- Isolating yourself thinking that you are spiritual. (Proverbs 18:1)
- Double-mindedness (James 1:8).
- “For sin, seizing its opportunity through the commandment, beguiled and completely deceived me, and using it as a weapon killed me [separating me from God].” (Rom 7:11) “Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators…” ( 1 Cor 6:9). Continuing in secret sin is a great deception.
- Do not be deceived: “Evil company corrupts good habits.” (1 Cor 15:33)
- “…giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons” (1 Tim 4:1). Truth is a Person not a Doctrine – the Spirit of the Word is the Fruit.
- Being deceived by signs and wonders and the outward appeal of things (Col. 2:8, 23).
- “Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ” (Col 2:8).
THE OPERATING SYSTEM OF A DECEIVER:
Compromise: “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.” (Rev 3:14-19)
1 Kings 3 – Solomon married Pharaoh’s daughter to further his diplomatic relations with Egypt. This led to spiritual decay, immorality and ungodliness.
The Holy Spirit taught me – Diplomacy is not a godly virtue.
Deceitful Tongue = Saying: “I do not want to be rude, yet…”
Flattery Prov. 24:24; Prov. 26:28; Prov. 28:23; Prov. 29:5; Rom. 16:18; 1 Thess. 2:5; Jude 16
Fraud and Dishonesty Prov. 11:26; Prov. 16:11; 1 Cor. 6:8; 1 Thess. 4:6; James 5:4
Hypocrisy Matt. 15:7-9; Matt. 16:5-12; Matt. 23:1-13, 15-35; Rom. 2:17-24; Gal. 2:13;
Lying and Falsity Prov. 10:18; Prov. 12:22; Prov. 17:4; Prov. 19:22; Acts 5:7-9; Eph. 4:25
How to Spot a Liar – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_6vDLq64gE
ERADICATE DECEPTION THROUGH:
The Holies of holies knows no deception. A moment in His presence and all you own self-deception is exposed. Surround yourself with people who abides in His presence. I confess my own mistakes and deception came, because I did not consult the Lord, I went and followed the dictates of my own heart.
- Being part of a church based on the foundation of the Fivefold ministries – Eph 4:11-16
- Apostolic alignment – Gal 2:11-15; Acts 2:42
- The Word is a discerner – Heb 4:12
- Thankfulness – 1 Thes 5:18
- Humility and meekness – Mat 11:29
- A lifestyle of repentance – Mat 3:2 Repent (change) for the Kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heb 6:1-2